I love me a good HIIT workout. Especially the ones I film for YouTube, because it means I don’t have to do as much on-screen counting. As any of my personal training clients will tell you, my counting skills are…fuzzy. What can I say, I get distracted easily! 🙂
This workout is a particular favorite for a couple of reasons:
- It’s short, just 17 minutes long.
- There are no repeat exercises – when we’re done, we’re done!
- It doesn’t require any equipment.
I set my handy-dandy Gymboss for two intervals, 40 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. Work at max intensity for the work intervals for the best fat and calorie burn. If you’re unfamiliar with the (occasionally silly) names I have for exercises or the best form for completing them, refer to the video or feel free to leave me a comment.
BODYWEIGHT HIIT for BEGINNERS | 15 Minute No Repeat CARDIO + STRENGTH Workout
- Goofy Jacks – this serves as a nice warm-up round, getting all the joints in motion and the heartrate elevated.
- Flying Fast Ups – 40 seconds on each leg with ten seconds of rest between.
- Shoulder Taps
- Swinging Soldiers – 40 seconds on each leg with ten seconds of rest between.
- Split Squats – 40 seconds on each leg with ten seconds of rest between.
- V-Sit Obliques
- Frog Jumps
- Ice Skaters
- Cross-Body Crunches
- Reverse Lunge and Kick – 40 seconds on each side with ten seconds of rest between.
- Squat Burpees
Bonus Finisher: 40 second plank, 10 second side plank, 40 second plank, 10 second other side plank, 40 second plank.
Can’t see the video below? Click here to watch it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/obzfpG4XGQ8
🐝 Let's B Friends! 🐝
Subscribe now to chat about fitness mindset matters, get the scoop on new workout programs and keep up to date on the latest exercise videos!