Strength training isn’t a very glamorous workout. It doesn’t get you as sweaty as a good cardio session. You’re moving sort of slow, and you don’t really feel the work of it until the next day when you’re so sore you can barely lift your arms. But it is SO good for you! Strength training, in fact, is vital to your health in a lot of ways:
- Building muscle helps protect your bones and can stave off osteoporosis
- More muscle mass = more calories burned every minute of every day
- Shaping your body with muscles will make you look better than just being “skinny”
This workout uses one of my favorite training modes – supersets. In general, when people train with weights, they do one isolated exercise at a time, performing a few sets in a row of a certain number of reps. With supersets, we’re doing four different exercises one after the other for ten repetitions, which means that when you’re done with one set, you’re actually done with four sets. Yay!
There are just three supersets in this workout – an upper body, a lower body, and a balance/core – with a total of 11 exercises. It doesn’t seem like a ton of work – you’re done in about 30 minutes – but it definitely sneaks up on you! Check out the video below or leave me a comment if you have any questions about form or how to do the exercises.
STRENGTH TRAINING with SUPERSETS | Body Sculpting DUMBBELL Workout for Women
- Superset #1 (Upper Body) – Front Raise + Side Raise + Curl + Overhead Press
- Superset #2 (Lower Body) – Reverse Lunge + Front Lunge + Curtsy Lunge + Squat
- Superset #3 (Balance/Core) – Leg Raise + Leg Opener + Rear Lift
Can’t see the video below? Click here to watch it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/gCrRV2JL7IY
🐝 Let's B Friends! 🐝
Subscribe now to chat about fitness mindset matters, get the scoop on new workout programs and keep up to date on the latest exercise videos!