For some reason, I’m always surprised at how tough Tabata workouts are. I mean, I’ve been doing this fitness thing for quite a few years now, it’s not like I’ve never done a Tabata before. And yet, there I always am, sweaty and red-faced and marveling at how much 20 minutes of work just kicked my butt. I love it!
Why exactly do I enjoy Tabata workouts so much? Well, they’re quick and they’re simple. In general, I choose just five exercises for twenty minutes of work, and other than the part where I have to keep track of doing eight intervals, it doesn’t require a lot of thinking. When the timer beeps, you go, when it beeps again, you stop. Easy peasy!
And that’s why Tabata is like magic. You don’t even realize how hard you’re working until you’re drenched in sweat, and I’m pretty sure I’ve never done a Tabata without being sore the next day. This one is definitely no exception! That dumbbell felt pretty light for the first few reps, but afterwards, I could feel all that work in my arms, abs and glutes!
Check out the video below to follow along in real time, or to see what the exercises look like. If you have any questions or need modifications, just leave me a comment!
Ultimate Full Body Dumbbell Tabata | 25 Minute High Intensity Strength Training Workout to Burn Fat
Set your timer for intervals of 20 seconds and ten seconds.
- Arm Circles for 20 seconds and Arm Crossers for 10 seconds (2x)
- High Knees for 20 seconds and Booty Kickers for 10 seconds (2x)
Main Workout – do each exercise for eight 20-second intervals in a row before moving on to the next exercise (rest on the 10 second intervals):
- Up ‘n Over Curtsy Lunges
- Squat ‘n Punch
- Single Leg Deadlift Rows (4 intervals on left leg, 4 intervals on right leg)
- Lat Pullovers to Toe Reaches
- Manmakers with ten second interval isometric hold (either Plank position or Press-Up position, depending on where you are in the Manmaker when the timer beeps)
- High Knee Stretch for 20 seconds and Booty Kicker Stretch for 10 seconds (4x)
- Arm Circles for 20 seconds and Arm Crossers for 10 seconds (4x)
Can’t see the video? Click here to watch it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/x1kQsZ_s8zQ
New workouts, right in your inbox! Subscribe for more.
(Not a lot more. Like, two emails a week. And definitely no spam!)