I had been looking forward to this workout for days. I don’t stick to a particularly strict posting schedule of workouts for my YouTube channel, though I do try to rotate somewhat evenly between upper- and lower-body, abs, full body, HIIT workouts, bodyweight stuff, cardio-only, beginner-friendly and intermediate. But lately, it seemed like I was doing a lot of timer work, so I was really excited about filming a nice, easy-paced strength workout. No jumping, no timer beeping. Just me and the weights, getting it done.
Now, don’t let that phrase “easy paced” fool you. This workout isn’t easy. It is, however, very simple and straightforward. Perfect for beginners, and challenging enough for non-beginners if you own a heavier pair of dumbbells. You can follow along in real time with the video, or print out the breakdown to take with you on the go. If you have any questions about the exercises, feel free to leave a comment!
Full Body STRENGTH + STABILITY for Runners | 20 Minute DUMBBELL Workout
Equipment: Pair of DUMBBELLS and STABILITY BALL (aka, balance ball, Swiss ball, physioball, exercise ball or fitness ball)
Set your own challenge with the weight of your dumbbells – you want to be able to complete three rounds with good form. Do each exercise 10x, repeat the circuit 3x.
- Press Ups (seated on the ball)
- Chest Press + Fly (lying supine – face up – on the ball, with your head and neck supported and hips high)
- Skull Crushers (lying supine on the ball, with your head and neck supported and hips high)
- Crunches (hold the dumbbells at your chest, ball is supporting your lower back)
- Reverse Fly (lying prone over the ball, you may be on your knees or your toes)
- Single Leg Presses (hold the dumbbells at your chest, ball is supporting your lower back)
- Glute Bridge Thrusts (lying supine on the ground with your feet on the ball, hold one dumbbell across your hip bones)
Finisher: Balance Ball Mermaid Tails (no weights)
Can’t see the video below? Click here to watch it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/9TQCuphnLwM
🐝 Let's B Friends! 🐝
Subscribe now to chat about fitness mindset matters, get the scoop on new workout programs and keep up to date on the latest exercise videos!