If you don’t already own a set of resistance bands, you should really go get some right now and here’s why:
- For exercise equipment, they’re really inexpensive. You can drop $20 or more on a single kettlebell, but resistance bands are less than $10 each, and you can usually buy several of them in packs with exchangeable handles.
- They’re super light-weight, so they travel well.
- They’re versatile. Almost anything you can do with a dumbbell, you can do with a band, plus you can use them for flexibility work and so much more.
- Now you have this great, full body workout to follow along with. 🙂
Back in the day when I first started working out at home, I wasn’t really sure what to do with resistance bands. When I had belonged to a gym, I was a machines-only kind of girl, never even venturing into the free weights section, so this piece of rubber tubing was well outside my comfort zone! But, thankfully, the band I bought came with a little black and white chart, showing different types of exercises you could do with it.
And it was awesome!
I had no idea that something so light could feel so heavy. My favorite part, even though I didn’t have the vocabulary for it at the time, was that I could tell how much more I had to focus on getting the moves right than I did with weights. Now of course I know that’s called “engaging your core,” and resistance bands are really good for that.
This particular workout is a nice little circuit, with plenty of core engagement alongside all the shoulder and booty work. It’s very beginner-friendly, with no jumping, no plank work, and no standing at all. We’re down on the ground, working at a relaxed pace, but you’ll definitely feel the work in your upper back, shoulders and legs. As always, let me know if you have any questions about the exercises!
25 Minute TOTAL BODY TONING | Effective Full Length Resistance Band Workout at Home
Do each exercise 10x, repeat the circuit 3x.
- Half-Kneeling Press Ups
- Half-Kneeling Side Raises
- Seated Rows
- Half Pointer Dog Kicks
- V-Sit Leg Presses
- Lying Leg Lifts
Finisher: 50 Russian Twists
Can’t see the video below? Click here: https://youtu.be/aFE7wwOGHZw
New workouts, right in your inbox! Subscribe for more.
(Not a lot more. Like, two emails a week. And definitely no spam!)