I’ve been working (and working out!) from home for several years now, and right now I’m SO grateful that these are habits I’ve already created.
For so, so many of you, this past week and the coming weeks are going to be a steep learning curve of how to manage your time, how to get everything done and how to continue to make your health and fitness a priority.
Because, let me be clear: your health and fitness are priority number one while we all get through this pandemic together.
So, here are some of my best tips for managing life at home:
- Lower your standards. I know this sounds like terrible advice, right? 🙂 But seriously, stop expecting anything to be perfect or possibly even normal right now. Done is better than perfect.
- Stick to a routine. Eat at the same time every day, and go to sleep and wake up at the same time as much as possible. This is actually really good for you all the time, but especially now. Routines are relaxing, and you already have enough stress.
- Keep your decision-making to a minimum. “Decision fatigue” is a real thing, so don’t waste your brain power on picking out a workout when you need to think critically for work or homeschooling your kids.
This is where the FREE weekly Mini Challenge really comes in handy: your week of workouts is already planned! So you can focus on staying healthy (and all that other stuff on your list) at home.
Here’s how the Mini Challenge works:
- Choose a GOAL – weight loss (for weight loss) or body shaping (for maintaining your weight and improving your fitness)
- Follow the WORKOUTS for your goal – if you’re losing weight, each day’s effort should feel very moderate and consistent (because weight loss over 50 is driven by eating the right number of calories consistently); if you’re shaping your body, one day should be an intense push (you choose which workout, any of them can be intense!), one or two days should be very relaxed and the rest of the days should feel mild to moderate. Changing your intensity is what changes your body.
- FITNESS MATTERS is a weekly podcast that you can enjoy any time – during a workout, on your commute, while grocery shopping, etc.
(Click the image below to download the free workout plan and save it on your device. Be sure to download and use the Get Your GOALS Daily Check-In worksheet, too. The thumbnails are links that take you directly to the workout videos on the Pahla B Fitness YouTube channel or The Fitness Matters Podcast channel on YouTube.)
WEIGHT LOSS WORKOUTS
WEDNESDAY: Cardio Balance HIIT, EMPOWERING 10 minute barefoot home workout | Pahla B Fitness paired with Abs + Booty BARRE Standing CORE STRENGTH Routine for a Tight Belly + Butt | HOT 100 Challenge Day 82
SUNDAY: 10 Minute LOW IMPACT Cardio + STANDING ABS Total Body High Low Workout | HOT 100 Challenge Day 81 paired with 10 Minute LOW IMPACT Cardio HIIT Express Fat Burn Workout without Jumping | HOT 100 Challenge Day 64
BODY SHAPING WORKOUTS
FITNESS MATTERS PODCAST
Enjoy your workouts this week, my friend and be sure to tag me (@pahlabfitness) on your INSTA so I can cheer you on! #pahlabminichallenge
Hello and welcome to the Pahla B Fitness email list!
Enter your email address here to receive exclusive invitations to LIVE events, stay updated on new workouts, podcasts and more!