It’s a list-making day, Killer Bs! Tell me some of the ways you CARE for yourself.
Here are some of mine:
- I go to bed on time every night, even when I’d rather not
- I exercise at least a little bit (sometimes ONLY a little bit) every day
- I hug my kids and my husband
- I set limits on how much I’ll look at social media
- I feel my feelings
- I decide what a want to think, and then I practice thinking it
- I pet my cats and walk my dog
- I listen to music I enjoy
- I sit still for a little bit
- I laugh a LOT
- I cut myself some slack when things don’t go the way I planned
- I plan ahead
You might be surprised how much that last one makes a difference.
Not too long ago, I didn’t plan ahead for anything! Dinner was a last minute decision (and usually a trip to the store when I didn’t have time), exercise was haphazard at best, and I never remembered to get a birthday card in the mail.
I’m still not good about birthdays, if I’m being completely honest.
But I know what I’m having for dinner next Sunday, and I bought the groceries for it yesterday. I know all of the workouts I’ll be filming for the next several weeks. I already have notes on my calendar for things I’ll be doing in July and August.
It never ceases to amaze me how much time and energy planning ahead saves me! Planning ahead means I’m never caught up in last minute decisions, and I’m always prepared for what I want to do.
This is the gift of the Mini Challenge: having your week of workouts planned ahead of time is a beautiful act of CARING for yourself.
Here’s how the Mini Challenge works:
- Choose a GOAL – weight loss (for weight loss) or body shaping (for maintaining your weight and improving your fitness)
- Follow the WORKOUTS for your goal – if you’re losing weight, each day’s effort should feel very moderate and consistent (because weight loss over 50 is driven by eating the right number of calories consistently); if you’re shaping your body, one day should be an intense push (you choose which workout, any of them can be intense!), one or two days should be very relaxed and the rest of the days should feel mild to moderate. Changing your intensity is what changes your body.
- FITNESS MATTERS is a weekly podcast that you can enjoy any time – during a workout, on your commute, while grocery shopping, etc.
(Click the image below to download the free workout plan and save it on your device. Be sure to download and use the Get Your GOALS Daily Check-In worksheet, too. The thumbnails are links that take you directly to the workout videos on the Pahla B Fitness YouTube channel or The Fitness Matters Podcast channel on YouTube.)
WEIGHT LOSS WORKOUTS
BODY SHAPING WORKOUTS
FITNESS MATTERS PODCAST
I hope you have a wonderful day, and enjoy your workouts this week, my friend!
Hello and welcome!
Enter your email address here to stay updated on LIVE events, new videos, podcasts, and more!