Happy Birthday to ME! And? You’re totally welcome, because this present is just for YOU: the gift of a fun, simple, sweaty, no jumping, muscle-building, partially-timer-partially-reps, and altogether AWESOME workout!
Yes, I put together a birthday workout that has almost everything I love in one quick sweat session, check it out:
- Low Impact – this workout is super high heart rate, but there is no jumping at all
- Strength Training – I love to lift and feel those shaky post-workout muscles
- Timer Intervals – I would much rather do cardio work for time, because it gets tough to count when I’m moving fast
- Work for Reps – I prefer to do strength exercises for reps, because it usually means we can move slower and with more precision
- Total Body Toning – in just ten exercises, this workout covers it all: heart and lungs, arms, shoulders, abs, legs, and butt
- Just-Right Duration – a little over 30 minutes, including a quick little warm up and some cool down stretching
- Fun Number Theme – to celebrate my 46th year, we get to do 4 strength exercises, 6 cardio exercises, 46 reps of dumbbell work, and cardio intervals of – you guessed it! – 46 seconds 🙂
You can follow along in real time with the video below, or recreate this workout on your own with this printable breakdown. Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions!
30 Minute LOW IMPACT Cardio + DUMBBELL Strength | Barefoot Body-Shaping Workout without Jumping
You’ll need one dumbbell for this workout (I went lighter weight because of the high volume of work; you can set your own challenge). Set your timer for 46-second intervals. The warm up and cardio work are timed, and the strength exercises and cool down stretching are untimed.
- Arm Circles and Arm Crossers (46 seconds total, approximately 23 seconds each)
- High Knees and Booty Kickers (46 seconds total, approximately 23 seconds each)
- Inchworms (46 seconds, proceed to the main workout, without rest, immediately following this exercise)
Main Workout, do cardio for time and strength for 23 reps each, repeat circuit 2x:
- Rainbow Jacks (cardio)
- Dumbbell Curtsy Lunges (strength)
- Toy Soldiers (cardio)
- Split Squat Dumbbell Row + Triceps Kickback (strength)
- Rockettes (cardio)
- Single Leg Dumbbell Bridge Lifts (strength)
- Mountain Walkers (cardio)
- Renegade Rows (strength)
- V-Reaches (cardio)
Finisher, immediately following the last cardio interval (without rest):
- 46 seconds of Walking Burpees with Push Ups
Can’t see the video below? Click here to watch it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/gHJX3BZlDqo
New workouts, right in your inbox! Subscribe for more.
(Not a lot more. Like, two emails a week. And definitely no spam!)