There’s really nothing nicer than staying very close to the ground while you work out, and that’s why I make these full-body floor videos! I am a teeny, tiny bit “balance challenged” and I feel a lot more confident if I don’t have a long way to fall, you know? 🙂
This workout has so many of my favorite elements, I’m pretty sure it’s in my Top Five favorite workouts ever. Here’s why:
- It’s not too long – just under 30 minutes is my sweet spot for working out.
- There’s no repeat – when we’re done with the exercise, we’re done with it!
- It gets both easier and harder at the same time – we go up in reps, but do fewer exercises.
- No equipment needed – I really like to just get on the floor and start working out, without having to drag out any gear.
- It’s not too tough – lots of the exercises can be modified with an “easier” version if necessary.
Refer to the free video below or leave me a comment if you need help with the names of the exercises or have form/modification questions.
BODYWEIGHT STRENGTH | 25 Minute BEGINNER Ladder Workout (No Repeat, Mat Only)
Here’s how the ladder works: Round One includes five exercises that we do 10x each, then Round Two has four exercises that we do 15x each, etc. until we get to Round Five with only one exercise that we do 30x.
Round One – 10x each
- Bridge Clams
- Side Scoops
- V-Sit Obliques
Round Two – 15x each
- Spiderman Sprawls
- Plank Jacks
- Mule Pushes
Round Three – 20x each
- Side Crunches
- Single Leg Bridges
- Up ‘n Downs
Round Four – 25x each
- Russian Twists
- Mountain Climbers
Round Five (Built-In Finisher) – 30x
- Cross-Body Crunches
Can’t see the video below? Click here to watch it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/f1zpJi6AVmY
New workouts, right in your inbox! Subscribe for more.
(Not a lot more. Like, two emails a week. And definitely no spam!)