I often get asked what “MetCon” or Metabolic Conditioning is, and how it’s different from regular HIIT workouts. It’s actually not too far off from the sort of high intensity interval training workouts I do, except that the strength portions of the workout aren’t timed. So a MetCon is sort of a hybrid of standard strength training and HIIT, and it’s one of the most effective workouts you can do.
This particular workout is one of my favorites for several reasons:
- It’s low impact – this is a biggie around these parts! I like to keep my feet on the ground!
- It’s not too long – clocking in at just under 30 minutes means that this workout can be squeezed into a busy day.
- It’s super sweaty – do I really need to justify this? 🙂
Check out the video below to follow along in real time, or take this breakdown with you on-the-go. Of course, if you have any questions or need modifications, feel free to leave me a comment!
25 Minute Full Body Beginner Dumbbell Strength + Low Impact Cardio | 200 Calorie Fat Burning METCON
Grab one (reasonably heavy) dumbbell and set your timer for 30-second intervals. Do each of the cardio exercises for 30 seconds, and each of the strength moves for 8 reps. Complete the circuit 3 times.
- Goofy Jacks (cardio)
- Overhead to High Knees (strength)
- Frog Reaches (cardio)
- Goblet Curtsy Lunges (strength)
- Toy Soldiers (cardio)
- Delt Raises (strength)
- Star Squats (cardio)
- Russian Twists (strength)
Finisher: Complete three rounds with no rest of Rockettes + Renegade Rows (30 seconds each)
Can’t see the video below? Click here to watch it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/f0duF4ezlM8
New workouts, right in your inbox! Subscribe for more.
(Not a lot more. Like, two emails a week. And definitely no spam!)