When I first started making workout videos, it honestly did not occur to me that my audience might not have the same equipment that I did. I mean, doesn’t everybody have barbells, dumbbells, aerobic steppers, a BOSU, a sandbag, kettlebells, an agility ladder and a battling rope in their garage??
|Yes, this is really my garage. Yes, it is always this messy. And no, this isn’t even close to all of the workout equipment I own, but I can’t bring myself to take a picture of the closet where I keep the rest of the stuff!|
So, here’s how to use what you’ve got!
No KETTLEBELL? No Problem! How to Do a Kettlebell Workout without a Kettlebell
If you own both a medicine ball and a dumbbell, you can follow along with this workout all the way through exactly like I did it. You are also welcome to choose just one piece of equipment or no equipment at all and do three circuits. Watch the video below for the specifics of how to modify the exercises (or leave me a comment!).
Repeat each exercise ten times.
- Halos (clasp hands together for bodyweight version, hold dumbbell at each end for dumbbell version, grip ball firmly for medicine ball version)
- Slingshots (Standing Srunches for bodyweight version, hold dumbbell at one end for dumbbell version, Overhead to High Knees for medicince ball version)
- Figure 8s (all versions the same as with a kettlebell)
- Sumo Squats (all versions the same as with a kettlebell)
- Renegade Rows (Hip Touches for bodyweight version, no modification for dumbbell version, Side Plank Press Ups for medicine ball version)
- V-Sit Lean Backs (all versions the same as with a kettlebell)
Can’t see the video below? Click here to watch it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/fIEgwLio3pw
New workouts, right in your inbox! Subscribe for more.
(Not a lot more. Like, two emails a week. And definitely no spam!)