At the park where I run my boot camp workouts, there is a low wall (meant to be used as seating) around the play structure that is the perfect height for not just sitting and watching kids play, but all sorts of stepper exercises. It’s super convenient for me – and, really, shouldn’t all workouts be convenient for the trainer? 🙂 – because it means that I don’t have to haul more equipment to the park, so I’ve developed a variety of different moves to incorporate into almost every workout.
I love the burn you can get from such a simple piece of equipment! Stepping, jumping or squatting with an elevated surface is a great way to burn fat, build muscle and work on your balance.
I’ve put together some of my favorite lower body moves (and, yes, you can actually use a stepper to get a great upper body workout, too!) into a quick ten minute HIIT workout. Let me know if you have any questions about the exercises!
FUN + FAST Lower Body STEPPER HIIT Workout | 10 Minute Home Exercise Routine to Tone BUTT + THIGHS
Set your timer for intervals of 50 seconds (work) and 10 seconds (rest). Do each exercise for one interval, single-sided moves get one whole interval on each side.
- Step Up + Reverse Lunge (50 seconds on each side – the higher the stepper, the more difficult this exercise will be)
- Fast Ups (50 seconds on each side – the higher the step, the harder)
- Sit Up Get Ups (a lower stepper will be more difficult)
- Split Squat + Drinky Bird (50 seconds on each side – raise the step for a bigger burn)
- Single Leg Stand Ups (50 seconds on each side – lower is tougher)
- Touch ‘n Go Squats (the built-in Finisher, don’t stand up completely until the interval is over!)
Here’s the full length workout in real time. If it doesn’t show, click here to watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/0UcsDlOlCXk
New workouts, right in your inbox! Subscribe for more.
(Not a lot more. Like, two emails a week. And definitely no spam!)